Here are some writer vows I’ve compiled over the year. Please do not think that they are the be-all-and-end-all. There are exceptions to every rule.
1) I will not make my characters fall in love the first time they meet.
2) I will make my female characters as badass as possible.
3) I will not spread the belief that romantic love is the “only” type of love.
4) I will not pretend-kill any of my characters.
5) I will always write.
6) I will make my characters realistic.
7) I will try to avoid using too many adverbs, too many adjectives and too many different words for “said.”
8) I will never include stereotypical teenaged characters.
9) I will create something different.
10) I will have characters that change – at least a small amount.
And I think that’s it 🙂 have I missed any? Do you have your own writer vows? Share them below!