Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme by The Broke and the Bookish and each week there’s a new topic. This week focuses on new authors you’ve read in 2013.
My reading has definitely expanded this year. Here are a few of the authors I’ve stumbled upon during the hyper-fast 2013.
1) Emily Gale, author of Steal My Sunshine
2) Karen Foxlee, author of The Anatomy of Wings and The Midnight Dress
3) Steph Bowe, author of Girl Saves Boy and All This Could End
(and by the way, all three of these are Awesome Aussie Authors
4) Stephanie Perkins, popular author of Anna and the French Kiss, as well as Lola and the Boy Next Door
5) Rainbow Rowell, author of Fangirl, Eleanor and Park and Attachments
6) Melissa Keil, Aussie debut author of Life in Outer Space
And now for the MGs!
7) Barry Jonsberg, author of My Life as An Alphabet
8) R J Palacio, author of the beautiful Wonder
9) Kate De Goldi, author of the book with the best family ever, The 10 PM Question
So those are my top nine new authors read this year. I’ve read a TON more that are just as worthy of being on this list, but alas, they could not all be included. Some of my other favourites from this year are Ellie Marney, Jesse Andrews, Georgia Nicholson, Jay Asher and Kody Keplinger.
Did you branch out and find new authors this year? Who are your favourites from 2013?