Just prepare yourselves, because this is going to be a longish post. I can FEEL it. In the meantime, here is a photo of a potato bikini.
Lovely, isn’t it? Anyway, first of all, I was nominated by SJ O’Hart over at this blog for a Leibster award. Which is awesome, so thank you! Here are my questions and answers (it’s sort of exciting, answering questions):
What is your favourite smell, and why?
Bread, because it is delicious. Bread is my favourite food. This might be to do with the fact that I’m Australian, and convicts were shipped over here for stealing bread. That is, if you disregard the fact that my grandmother emigrated from England…
What object in the world would you most like to own?
Hmm. That’s an interesting one. Most of the material stuff I go crazy over are…books. Okay. I would most like to own a typewriter. I think it’s just really romantic and excellent. My second choice would be a space ship.
If you were a number, which number would you be – and why?
16. It just feels like a really nice, even number. And its square root has a square root, which is nice and neat.
What is your biggest regret (if it’s something you can share)?
I don’t really have that many regrets yet. Maybe not eating those leftovers from Christmas while they were still edible…
What are you most afraid of?
SPIDERS. Yep, I’m a regular Ron Weasley. Their legs and…ugh, I’m already shivering. Funny story: there’s a talking spider in my latest WIP (which doesn’t make any sense because it’s contemporary YA but bear with me), and I went to search up spiders on Google images, and I literally COULDN’T DO IT.
What is your favourite piece of visual art (i.e. not music, literature, theatre), and why?
THIS ONE, because I don’t understand it at all!
Tell me about the best dream you ever had.
There was this one dream that is still SO vivid to me. I can’t really explain it, but I was underwater, and there was a whale, and everything was dark and silky water was against me and wow, it’s the calmest I’ve ever felt. I tend to revisit it if I want to calm down.
If you could be anyone, from any historical period, who would you be – and why?
This is a hard one. Can I say Rowena Ravenclaw? You know what, screw it, I’m saying Rowena Ravenclaw (no, I haven’t got my Hogwarts letter, but you can shut up about that).
I nominate The Notebook Sisters to succeed me. And here are the questions:
1) What’s your default song to listen to?
2) If you could be an animal, what would you be?
3) What’s your favourite short joke?
4) If you could choose one sense to lose, what would it be?
5) If you had the choice of going to the past or the future, not both, which would you choose?
And now for my New Year’s Goals!
1) Rewrite THE DAISY LIST
2) Rewrite THE BALLERINA PAINTING/THE LANGUAGE BARRIER/That WIP with the blind guy and the deaf girl
3) Rewrite GRANNY
4) Plot some new thingies
1) Read 70 books this year
2) Write a book review of each book I read, even if it’s only short
3) Get out of my comfort zone!
1) Be kinder in general
2) Work hard
3) Be optimistic! (something I have rarely struggled with, because I am naturally an optimistic person)
And that’s all for now – tell me, what are your New Year’s Goals? Tomorrow I’ll be blogging about 2013 in review 🙂