Hey, everyone! It’s nice to have wi-fi again. While I’ve been away, I’ve:
– Tried not to get sunburnt (tick! With the help of SPF 50+ sunscreen, that is. I get burnt on cold days)
– Swam lots! Except now I’m kind of deaf from all the water getting in my ears. That’s okay. I don’t need my hearing for blogging.
– Read a few books. These ones:
My favourites out of these were The Last Girl, Writing Clementine and How To Keep a Boy From Kissing You. That’s disregarding the ones I’ve reread, of course. It’s Kind of a Funny Story is one of my favourite books and I actually BOUGHT a copy last night. Hectic. Plus it has an excellent cover. I finished it last Saturday, but because I’m sneaky and knew I would finish it, I put it as “recently read” for my Sunday post. I’m probably not making sense.
– I’ve also started planning my Alice in Wonderland retelling, thanks almost entirely to re-reading the original (plus awesome retellings like Splintered, Unhinged, the TV show Once Upon a Time in Wonderland and the Tim Burton movie). I’ve had a lot of fun making up new characters like the Motley Fox, the Marmalade Minstrel, the gloom crows, teacup trees, nomadic poppies and lots more. But that’s all I’m saying for now. I’ll probably post more about it when I’ve written more. Planning a contemporary is so much easier than a fantasy!
– I played lots of games of cards. Sevens, 31, sets and runs, 500, euchre, cheater, Uno, snap, old maid, solitaire…that was fun.
– Missed you all! A week without internet is harsh, people. HARSH. This is me cyber-hugging you.
DON’T SAY ANYTHING ABOUT CEDRIC I WILL EAT YOU.
It’s good to be back. I’m at school in a couple more days, and I’ll have much less time to read, but I’ll still be blogging every day. And you’ll find some of the reviews of the books I’ve read in the coming weeks! I’m not reviewing ALL of them, but…quite a few.
How has everyone been while I was gone?