I’m not doing a Stacking the Shelves this week – I want to save it for next week, because hopefully my Book Depository buys will arrive by then! Plus I’m planning to go to the Dymocks in the city, and that definitely means some purchases will be made.
– I had a week-long break from blogging and missed it a lot, but had fun at the beach
– I got a bunch of chocolate from the very generous Easter Bunny
– And, recently, I won tickets to a pre-screening of The Fault in Our Stars. Is this real life??? So that’s on Monday – look for a blog post from me all about it. I’m sure it will be fantastic. PS that’s where the “fangirling” part of the title comes in.
– Got marks back for my exams…well, I haven’t got my religion one back yet. Which is the one I had no idea of, so that’ll be fun. But I was most worried about my English essay, and I did well for that, so I’m happy.
My goals for April were to:
MY GOALS FOR APRIL
– Read at least 12 books (check! I read 18 books)
– Review at least 8 books (well…7. But to be fair I was away for a week. Click on the pictures to read my reviews!)
– Read at least 4 books by Aussie authors (check! I read Tigers on the Beach, Looking for Alibrandi, Writing Clementine, Dead, Actually, The Last Girl and How to Keep a Boy from Kissing You – that’s 6!)
– Get to 50k on The Daisy List (well, no. I got to 46k. Damn!)
– Send out a few queries for Mutual Weirdness (I’ll totally do it this time) (check!)
So now it’s onto May.
MY GOALS FOR MAY
– Read at least 8 books
– Review at least 8 books
– Read at least 2 books by Aussie authors
– Read at least 2 MG books
– Get to 55k on The Daisy List
– Keep brainstorming for my Alice retelling (tentatively named Wanderland)
– Send out some queries for Mutual Weirdness
Fingers crossed these things happen!
GIF OF THE MONTH
(I am a SUCKER for stars)
Books read since last week
Only one book! I know, it’s a tragedy. But it was my first week of school and…yeah, that’s my excuse. But I did well on my exams so I rewarded myself with a LOT of How I Met Your Mother (almost up to season 9 now!).
Though I wasn’t ridiculously blown away by the first book, I am curious enough to want to find out what else happens to Jennifer/Alice/Kate.
Which one out of these two?
Aussie dystopian…or YA contemporary classic? Let me know in comments!
I hope your April was as enjoyable as mine!