Random updates for this week:
– I finally put the widget for my Facebook page on the sidebar. It’s on the right >>> you can go like it if you want. I mean, I’m not forcing you or anything. (but I DO post pretty pictures of my books. And possibly my cats).
– It was School spirit week at my school this week. There are themes every day – Monday was horror, Tuesday was dynamic duos, Wednesday and Thursday were the athletics carnival days, and Friday was thrift shop. I didn’t dress up for any, because I’m slack. Well, except for the athletics carnival – I just have to wear blue for my house. Also I lost my shoe in both the 200m race and the triple jump event. Because shoes don’t want to stay on my feet, apparently.
– I went to see THE FREAKING TFIOS MOVIE, YO. Which I blogged about. And fangirled about. And I can’t wait til you guys can see it so I can fangirl with all of you.
– I’m Stacking the Shelves finally – I haven’t done one of these for like THREE WEEKS. I even edited the photos using PicMonkey, because I’m just that dedicated (plus my camera’s a piece of crap). Here goes.
Stacking the Shelves is a book meme hosted by Tynga’s Reviews. It’s all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual.
Because I found one of the elusive red Interns, I got a prize pack from HarperCollins! WOO! This included:
1) Venom by Fiona Paul
2) Between the Lives by Jessica Shirvington
3) How to Convince a Boy to Kiss you by Tara Eglington
4) Divergent by Veronica Roth
5) All the Truth That’s In Me by Julie Berry
6) Some awesome cosmetics
The reason those last three aren’t in this photo? Well, the books I gave to my sister, since I already own them. So now they’re locked away in her room somewhere. And my mum and sister scored the cosmetics, because who needs make-up/jewellery when you can wear books? (I’m kidding. Please don’t wear books)
But yeah, this happened because of the AWESOME book The Intern by Gabrielle Tozer. My review of it is here. THANKS SO MUCH, HARPERCOLLINS, I CAN’T WAIT TO READ THESE.
I borrowed “The Utsiders” apparently. Obviously this is The Outsiders by S E Hinton, a book I’ve been wanting to read for a while. The stamps on the back are from like 1990, which is so long – and it’s still in pretty good condition.
SUCH a cool cover. And it’s steampunk! Can’t wait to read this. Thanks, Thames and Hudson!
Okay, so I didn’t buy all of these. I just wanted to show off the complete book stack (isn’t it PRETTY?). Out of these I bought:
1) It’s Kind of a Funny Story by Ned Vizzini (because I love it so much I had to OWN it)
2) Butter by Erin Lange (after loving Dead Ends I can’t wait to read this)
3) The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of her Own Making by Catherynne M. Valente (when I read a review of this book on the blog Speculating on SpecFic, I knew I HAD to own it)
So yep, those are the beautiful books I’ve acquired recently. Later today I’ll probably borrow some more, but you can see those next time 🙂
Books read since last week
Finding Jennier Jones was an alright read, but (I think) unnecessary given that not much progressed from the first book.
The Last Shot was a fantastic read. THAT ENDING. I’ll be reviewing it soon.
GIF of the week
Good old John Green.
Posts this week
Monday: I reviewed a book called Writing Clementine and then took it down once I realised, since it doesn’t come out until the end of June! I’ll be reposting it then 🙂
Tuesday: alllll the gorgeous book covers
Wednesday: fangirling over the TFIOS movie
Thursday: I reviewed the awesome Aussie apocalyptic book, The Last Girl by Michael Adams
Friday: I reviewed a book that made me think, Looking for JJ by Anne Cassidy
How have you been this week? It’s getting colder where I live. Very difficult to get up in the mornings. Oh, and if you’ve done a Stacking the Shelves this week, LINK ME UP! It’s like my favourite meme of ever.