No Stacking the Shelves this week – next week, my pretties!
– I got to see the TFIOS movie. Which was amazing. I can’t wait to go see it again.
– We celebrated diverse book week here on the blog, with some reviews, writing advice, recommendations and a discussion!
– I got to 55k on my second draft of The Daisy List
– So…much…schoolwork…which is why I’ve been a bit slack visiting everyone’s blogs. I’m catching up, I promise!
– I tried out for school captain. Made jokes about my family in my speech. It was great.
MY GOALS FOR MAY WERE TO…
– Read at least 8 books – check! I read 12 books!
– Review at least 8 books – check! Here are the books I reviewed. Click on each one to go to the review.
– Read at least 2 books by Aussie authors – check! I read The Last Shot by Michael Adams, Every Word by Ellie Marney and The Minnow by Diana Sweeney
– Read at least 2 MG books – not check, unfortunately 😦
– Get to 55k on The Daisy List – ding ding ding! Complete!
– Keep brainstorming for my Alice retelling (tentatively named Wanderland) – Does Pinterest brainstorming count?
– Send out some queries for Mutual Weirdness – Nope 😦
So I accomplished SOME things, but not others.
GOALS FOR JUNE
– Read at least 8 books
– Review at least 8 books
– Read at least 2 books by Aussie authors
– Read at least 2 books that I bought for myself
– Finish reading the MS of my CP Cait, because I have been so slack (sorry, Cait!)
– Finish the second draft of The Daisy List (I have no idea how long it’s going to end up being, so this might be slightly unrealistic)
– Send out a couple of queries for Mutual Weirdness, which I’ve been really slack with…sensing a pattern here?
– Brainstorming for Wanderland…I might do Camp NaNoWriMo in July with it, but I’ll see
Fingers crossed at least some of these happen!
GIF OF THE MONTH
(I had to, guys. I just had to)
BOOKS OF THE MONTH
Weird how they all have similar colour tones. But anyway, all these books are fantastic and you should read them immediately. My review of The Minnow is up tomorrow, and there’ll be a QandA plus review of Every Word on the 11th of June. Yay!!!
Books read since last week
(I have to return both of these to the library tomorrow, which is why I’m reading them quickly!
My May has been stressful but ultimately…fun. And this month (cannot BELIEVE it’s June already) I turn seventeen, so that’s exciting!
How has your May been?
(PS I’m really sorry about the weird white lines in this post. I have no idea why they’re there and I can’t figure out how to make them go away! Has anyone else had this problem?)