Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish.
Each week there’s a different Top Ten list. It’s a great way to find and connect with other awesome bloggers.
A quick note: here in The Land Down Under (aka Australia) we’ve traded a pretty warm-ish autumn for winter. It is getting COLD.
The books I’m going to recommend will hopefully warm you up a bit. I wasn’t quite sure of the kind of books I should include, so I’ve gone with light, fluffy and adorable.
1) How to Keep a Boy From Kissing You by Tara Eglington
The title says it all. This is a super-cute, adorable read.
2) The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen
Or anything else by Sarah Dessen. She writes FANTASTIC contemporary YA and I need to re-read some.
3) Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
You don’t have to read this at summer. If you haven’t read it, just read it any time, anywhere. If you have, RE-read it any time, anywhere.
4) On the Fence by Kasie West
I love this book so much. Read it.
5) My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick
This one as well! It’s so adorable and has some great twists.
6) 13 Little Blue Envelopes by Maureen Johnson
Or anything by Maureen Johnson. This is a really interesting travel read.
7) The Princess Diaries by Meg Cabot
One of my favourite contemporary YA series of all time (and the first one I read!)
8) The Intern by Gabrielle Tozer
Hilarious, and written by an Aussie. You should definitely read it.
9) Angus, Thongs and Full-Frontal Snogging by Louise Rennison
This is also hilarious. You might have seen the movie (the book’s better).
So there you have it! Those are my top nine beachy reads. Which is a synonym for “cute, funny and/or fluffy. Probably all of the above.” And, you know, I have awesome taste, so you should check them all out. Link me to your TTT in comments! I’d love to know which awesome beachy reads I’m missing out on.