July was a VERY QUICK MONTH. But before I talk about it, let’s see which books I’ve added to my shelves recently…
Stacking the Shelves is a book meme hosted by Tynga’s Reviews. It’s all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual.
Wildlife by Fiona Wood thanks to my school library. Step back, guys, I only borrowed ONE BOOK from the library! I know, it’s a shock. The only reason I didn’t borrow more is that apparently we were supposed to be in the library to do work or something, so my teacher called me back over. Pffft as if I’m going to be productive when I’m surrounded by books!
Half Bad by Sally Green thanks to Shaheen from Speculating on SpecFic. She was holding an impromptu science fiction/fantasy quiz and giving out books. Thanks so much, Shaheen, I can’t wait to read it!
So what happened this month in my life?
– I wrote 53,000 words on Wanderland, my new work in progress. I’m still working away at it.
– I got a new laptop (YAY!!)
– Harry Potter and J K Rowling had a birthday
My goals for July were to…
– Read at least twelve books (check. I read 16 books. The school holidays helped with this a lot!)
– Review at least 8 books. (check. I reviewed 13 books, apparently. Click the pictures to go to my reviews)
– Read at least 2 books by Aussie authors (check! I read four: Razorhurst, The Sky So Heavy, The Protected and Head of the River)
– Read at least 2 books I bought for myself (check! I read Dorothy Must Die and Geek Girl. Also I re-read Harry Potter 6, which was awesome as usual)
– FINISH READING CAIT’S NOVEL (check, oh my goodness. Cait is so mean to her characters. She actually made me cry, everyone. Like, I don’t cry at books.)
– Write 50,000 words on Wanderland – (check!!! I managed 53,000 as I said above, which is the least I’ve ever written during a NaNoWriMo period, but there were a lot of things going on, so I’m pretty happy)
Goals for August
– Read at least 8 books
– Review at least 8 books
– Get to at least 70k on Wanderland
And those are my goals for this month because I’m nearing exam period (AAAAHHHH) and I think that’s enough to be going on with.
Gif of the Month
I still cannot stop laughing at this gif. If I’m ever sad or whatever, you should link me to this gif, okay people? That is your mission.
Books of the Month
Flirty Dancing by Jenny McLachlan, The Protected by Claire Zorn and The Sky So Heavy by Claire Zorn (also I will read anything and everything Claire Zorn ever writes)
I mean, guys, I had TWO five-star reads this month! That’s like unheard of.
Books Read Since Last Week
I loved Daughter of Smoke and Bone in some parts, but not others, so a middle-ish rating there. Head of the River was great (review coming Monday) and Let’s Get Lost was good in some parts but pretty meh overall.
It’s starting out well, but I HAVE heard a few negative things. Anyway, we’ll see. I loved Dead Ends by the same author.
I WAS going to let you guys choose the next book I read, but then the poll was playing up and I couldn’t. Next week you can choose the next book I read 🙂 Half Bad looks really interesting and I’ve heard mixed reviews, so I’m intrigued.