What happened in August?
– I got to 70,000 words on my WIP, Wanderland (it’s going to be verrrrry long!)
– I ended my self-imposed book-buying ban, and acquired a beautiful copy of Alice in Wonderland as well as one of Dangerous Girls and The Secret Diary of Lizzie Bennet. Buying books is a big deal for me!!
– Our school had a walkathon and a Multicultural Day – those were both lots of fun
– I started a new thing on the blog, “book blurbs from titles,” which maaaay become a regular feature. Although I’d need a better name. Any suggestions??
– ISLA AND THE HAPPILY EVER AFTER came out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I’m just a TAD excited.
– I also read my 100th book of the year. And then…quite a few more.
My goals for August were to…
– Read at least 8 books (check! I read 16 books. These are the books I read)
– Review at least 8 books – check! Click on the pictures to see the books I reviewed:
– My writing goal was to get to 70k, which I did! YAY.
My Goals for September
– Read at least 8 books
– Read at least 2 books by Aussie authors
– Review at least 8 books
– Finish Wanderland
My favourite gifs from this month
Books of the Month
Isla was, of course, amazing. I’m still waiting on my sister to hurry up and finish it so we can review it together.
Dangerous Girls blew my freakin’ mind. And that is not easy.
Crown of Midnight was waaaaaay waaaay more than I expected. MAGIC AND ASSASSINS AND CAKE, OH MY!
Some Posts That I Liked
I’m going the narcissistic route and naming my OWN posts that I liked writing. One of these days I’ll get around to writing about the posts I enjoyed from other blogs, but today is not that day.