– I had my studies of religion, society and culture, extension English and legal studies exams. Go me for doing pretty much all essay subjects. Over the past two weeks I’ve hand-written probably more than 60 pages – and that’s not including my study notes! But they are all over now, thank goodness.
– Which means I am on school holidays!!
– I plan to do lots of reading, writing and eating. And hopefully I’ll finished Wanderland. Plus I do have some homework to do. Yay.
– I’m at my dad’s right now, and guess what I mostly packed in my backpack? That’s right. Books.
– I’m also going to my grandparents’ for a few days, from Monday to Thursday, which means I won’t be hanging around the interwebs. But I’ve got posts scheduled to keep you all entertained, and Thursday is the first time I’m hosting Loony Blurbs!! YAY, I’M SO EXCITED.
– And last on the news front (though it’s not news to me), my cat is adorable. Just thought you should know. Although I did already share this picture on Twitter:
– This week I’m also stacking the shelves.
Stacking the Shelves is a book meme hosted by Tynga’s Reviews. It’s all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual.
The Books…and a cat
Good old Princess is really intrigued by my books. Also, in the second picture you can see my Fault in Our Stars cushion peeping out the top.
Zac and Mia by A. J. Betts – I have been meaning to pick this up for aaaages, and luckily my school library had a copy. This was my present for finishing my society and culture exam.
Preloved by Shirley Marr – because Cait from Notebook Sisters has said awesome things about this author. Plus, it has references from The Princess Bride, apparently?? SO IN.
The Assassin’s Blade by Sarah J. Maas – I AM SLIGHTLY WORRIED THAT MY FEELS WILL BE DESTROYED BY THIS BOOK. But excited, too. So I’m a sadist. Lovely.
Pandora Jones: Admission by Barry Jonsberg – I got the second book for review, and so of course I have to read the first one! Plus, I loved My Life as An Alphabet by the same author.
Books Read Since Last Week
Apple and Rain was absolutely amazing and I loved it.
Angelfall was…not good. I didn’t like it. Which is disappointing. It just wasn’t my thing, you know? And way too gory for me. *shudders* Nobody warned me about that bit!
Afterworlds by Scott Westerfeld. Dude. Dude, seriously, this novel is so clever it’s crazy. I seriously loved this one so much and I actually appear to be in the minority – it’s got quite a few negative reviews but MINE WILL VERY DEFINITELY BE POSITIVE.
I started Love Letters to the Dead and couldn’t get into it (which was when I started Afterworlds), but I’ll come back to it soon.
And every holidays I read a Harry Potter book, because…do I really need a reason?
I really think I will enjoy this one. ALSO, how cool are the other covers for it???? Seriously, I am jealous of how awesome they are:
Gif of the Week
I needed two because LOOK AT THE KITTY. And Abed is awesome, of course.
Posts on the Blog
Monday: I reviewed The Secret Diary of Lizzie Bennet – long story short, the videos are better
Tuesday: I told you the authors I need to read more books of
Wednesday: I reviewed Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas in GIFS. GIFS, everyone!!
Thursday: I gave you excellent advice on where to store your books (mostly I put books on my cats)
Friday: I told you how you can join in on the new feature, Loony Blurbs. It’s going to be SO MUCH FUN and it’s happening this Thursday! Start blurbing, people!!