So I guess you guys are curious about the shenanigans I’m getting up to, right?
England so far in a nutshell:
– Cold (right now it’s -1 outside…nice and toasty in here though)
– Adorably quaint. All the houses have that classic Old-English feel and everyone knows each other and everything looks old-fashioned in the best way possible.
– Frosty. No snow yet but I’ve slipped a few billion times on the icy footpaths.
We haven’t got up to anything TOO exciting yet, but it’s been excellent all the same. We went to the supermarket Tesco the other day, and IT. IS. MASSIVE. It’s two stories (or this one was) and it has about a million aisles.
We also went to the markets in St Ives.
Aaaaand here at my auntie and uncle’s house, we’ve had some delicious food and family company.
And a frosty/muddy/cold walk with a beautiful chocolate labrador, Benson.
You guys probably don’t care, do you?
Let’s go to the pictures.
1) The fireplace where I’m staying. It’s lovely.
2) Some old-timey telephone booths
3) A Christmas Pudding jumper I saw. Didn’t buy it, though.
1) SO close to finding Sherlock
2) Old house
3) LOOK. FROST. And my shoes.
1) More frost!
2) The bridge at St Ives
So it’s been quite excellent so far.
I haven’t been to any bookshops but they are ON THE HORIZON.
And I’ll have more updates in probably a week or so. I’m going to be honest – it’s actually kind of nice to be away from the internet for a while (I mean, I miss it terribly, but I now have time to do other excellent things like, you know, leave the house!).