And that adventure was to Paris.
Here was the extent of my French:
Merci, sil vous plait, pardon moi, numbers up til 10, the days of the week and the months of the year.
So it was lucky most people spoke English. But anyway, it was an AMAZING three days. Seriously, guys. French bread. You have no idea.
Here are some photos!
Top left: weird French keyboard. It’s AZERTYUIOP instead of QWERTYUIOP.
Top right: brilliant European parking
Bottom left: crepes!! This guy let us take a photo of him.
Bottom right: some tower thing.
The many views of the Eiffel Tower. On the bottom left is me with my sisters (from left to right, me, Sophie and Caitlin). It’s night in that photo but I had to edit it so it wasn’t so dark.
Left – the Seine
Right – one of those Love Bridge things, where you put a padlock on and throw the key into the water. Sadly we didn’t get to the actual bridge (we were on a river cruise).
Views from the Eiffel Tower! We couldn’t go right to the top because it was under construction, but it was still breath-taking. The number of steps came every so often – it was more than 600 to get to the second level, and they were STEEP STEPS, GUYS.
Parisian markets! Bread and fruit and vegetables and seafood and clothes and sweets (“bonbons”) and SO MUCH STUFF. It was amazing.
So that’s Paris. My last couple of travel updates will be happening once I’m over at my new blog, Loony Literate.
Which reminds me. This is my last post before my LAST POST. EEK. The launch will be next Wednesday, the 28th of January, which is also my first day of school. As I’ve said before, there’ll be a giveaway and a blog hop/tag thing. It’s going to be great.
So what else have I been doing while I’m here?
– Freezing my butt off
– Reading stuff for school
– WRITING stuff for school
– Eating amazing food
– Spending time with my family
– Starting to plot an epic fantasy for some weird reason
– And also a contemporary about a British girl who goes to an Australian boarding school
– Don’t ask me why
– Also I have bought like a whole new wardrobe. Because I brought spending money and I can’t help myself. Also I’ve bought five books. Fitting everything into my suitcase is going to be interesting
– NEVER FEAR, THOUGH. The recap and photos for the Harry Potter Studio Tour in London…they’re coming. I’m going to have a whole Harry Potter WEEK. It’ll be brilliant.
– Oh, and disclaimer – all the Paris photos were taken by my mum. I couldn’t be bothered taking any so I just stole hers.