Before we do ANYTHING, let’s stack some shelves.
Stacking the Shelves is a book meme hosted by Tynga’s Reviews. It’s all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual.
The lighting is a little bit dodgy, so bear with me.
All Our Yesterdays by Cristin Terrill – EVERYONE recommended this, so when I saw it at the library, I yoinked it.
The Selection by Kiera Cass – I really liked The Jewel, so hopefully I’ll enjoy this one.
The Program by Suzanne Young – It’s like a treatment for depression or something? I don’t know.
Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake – Already read this one. Wasn’t very scary.
Cooper Bartholomew is Dead by Rebecca James – Because everyone in the Aussie blogging world is raving about it, and I WANT TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS. Ahem.
My goals for October were to…
Read at least 8 books. (check! I read fourteen)
– Read at least 2 books by Aussie authors (check! I read both the Pandora books, as well as Between the Lives and Corruption by Jessica Shirvington)
– Review at least 8 books (check! I reviewed 9 books)
(you can click on the covers to go to my reviews!)
– Finish this draft of The Daisy List (well…no. But that’s because I’m changing a LOT and it’s taking a while. But I’m up to 20k, at least!)
– Decide if I’m doing NaNo or not – if so, write an outline. (I am INDEED doing NaNoWriMo, and I’m at about 5000 words at the time of writing this post…but you can keep up to date with the widget on the sidebar!)
And also, here is an excerpt. WARNING. This has quite a lot of swearing (I mean, it IS Australian)
– HAVE A FRABJOUS BLOGOVERSARY. It was frabjous. Mission accomplished.
Gif of the Month
Preach it, John.
Books of the Month
The Assassin’s Blade is the clear winner here. North Child is a close second, even though it’s a reread. But I DID still have quite a few four-star reads, like the wonderful Golden.
Posts You Guys Apparently Liked
Things That Happened in October
– I did some dancing
– I did some reading
– I did a bit of freaking out when I realised I was in year twelve
– I decided to do NaNoWriMo, which is possibly going to be a very bad decision
– It was Halloween and I read a “scary” book that was a bit underwhelming
– I browsed through Goodreads and made a 2015-releases shelf, which already has more than 30 books that I’m really excited for
– I had a blogoversary – winner of the giveaway will be announced soon!
Goals for November!
– Read at least 6 books (it’s NaNo, so I won’t have much time for reading!)
– Review at least 6 books
– Write 50,000 words for NaNoWriMo
– Get through my first lost of HSC assessments alive
– Try not to die in the heat